Included below are studies and reports that relate to the community college education.
Community College One Pagers
2015 College Ready Summit
In October, nearly 100 Pennsylvania community college professionals converged in Harrisburg for the Commission’s College Ready Summit.
Presentation by Dr. Jean Dyszel, Consultant for PA Department of Education: New Standards, New Assessment, New Vistas
Presentation by Joyce Loveless, Senior Director at North Carolina New Schools: “Early College”
2015 Phi Theta Kappa PA College Completion Challenge Week
The Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges and Phi Theta Kappa Middle States Region worked together to create Pennsylvania’s first annual statewide Community College Completion Challenge Week from October 19-23, 2015. Pennsylvania’s 14 community colleges collected nearly 4,800 commitments from both students and faculty during this week.
PA Community College Capital Needs Survey 2014-19
The Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges partnered with Stantec, an international architecture firm, to survey the capital needs of Pennsylvania’s 14 community colleges for the period 2014-2019. The survey results reveal a total capital need of nearly $727 million for 227 projects. Individual capital project costs range from a low of $11,500 to a high of $82.5 million. However, nearly two-thirds (148 of 227) of the capital projects could be completed for $1 million or less in total costs per project.
To see the full report, click here.
2014 White House Higher Education Summit
2013 Developmental Education Summit
- The Perils of Obedience: Stanley Milgram
- Speed Dating: An Activity for Working With an Assigned Reading (Handout)
- Attending to the Affective Domain
- Rethinking Remediation: Increasing Student Completion Through Acceleration
- Window Into an Accelerated Classroom
- Window Into an Accelerated Pre-Statistics Classroom
- Katie Hern: Accelerated and Integrated Reading and Writing Courses
- Video of the Morning Sessions and Katie Hern Presentation
- Video of “Window Into an Accelerated Classroom” Presentation
2013 Student Success Forum
2013 Annual Meeting
- Keynote Presentation by Dr. Kim Hunter Reed
- Campus Crisis Breakout Session
- EPA Audit Breakout Session
Student Success Breakout Session Presentations